"Trust and love go hand in hand. If you love someone, trust them & let yourself be trusted."

"Trust and love go hand in hand. If you love someone, trust them & let yourself be trusted."

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hello World

I'm pretty sure I talk too much at work.
I know I talk too much to the dog.
I crave the moments my children want to talk to me.

My random thoughts are lost on the dog I'm sure. Haha

I'm a single mom with two amazing teenagers. Teenagers who are amazing in my eyes. No matter what kind of day I've had or if their dirty dishes are in the sink when I get home from work. They can change my radio station or change their clothes ten times a day. Tell me their bored, hungry and tired, but in the end they're the ones I wake up for each morning and thank god for in my prayers each night. They are my blessings. In their truest form.

After seventeen years of marriage I was forced to realize that hearts don't break even. They ache, they mend, they break a little more...but then they start to heal and grow. As long as I have their hearts in the palm of each hand...I will do my best to make each moment count.

I don't really know what this will be. Only that it will be entertaining to me. I may laugh (because only I laugh at my jokes) vent or admire. But it's a new path for me...so after almost one year of being divorced. I'm carving a new path, a new life and even a new love.

So my first random thought is...
I never used to question my "status" on a new patient history form at the dr's office. It seems simple enough..I know my name, I know my address. I really didnt even cringe at "age" (Fourties are fabulous ya know). But why were they only giving me 3 choices for my "Status"?
Married. Divorced. Widowed.  Some are inclined to say they'll be married forever. I would have been inclined to agree wth you. And widowed? Well I kinda viewed that as proclaiming your undying love for your spouse who has passed. But divorced? I dont want to choose that either! It really isn't a nice word. It's a past tense word I'm not choosing to use as my "status".  So I proceeded to write in Single in the spaces between. And from now on that's what i'm doing in life...filling in the spaces between...with how I view my status.

1 comment: